OSE’s family is comprised of talented, driven, dedicated, and innovative team members who all contribute to the culture of the company. Roundtable discussions are held twice monthly which give staff the opportunity to discuss any topic that affects the work environment; i.e., identifying issues, requesting help, suggesting an improved procedure, or sharing a success story.
Communication, collaboration, and performance are highly valued at OSE but what has allowed us to thrive for the past 40 years is our firm belief that everything we do is based on providing excellent service to our customers – because we care.
It’s important to us that employees have the support they need to continually learn and develop. Online classes are offered through our eLearning Center and include courses in management, professional development, business applications, graphics and design, and much more. Reimbursement is also provided for staff who wish to enhance their engineering or other job skills through continuing education programs outside the company.
OSE provides a comprehensive and generous wellness program that includes 100% employer sponsored medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees.
We also offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a 401(k) Savings Plan that includes matching contributions from OSE. Our paid time off is generous and includes holidays, floating holidays, and a PTO plan that increases after only one year of service.
Additional employee elected benefits include:
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Healthcare, Dependent Care and Limited Plan Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Transportation and Parking Benefit Accounts
- Legal Shield
- Pet Insurance
- Accident Insurance
Employees can also take advantage of membership in the Working Advantage exclusive savings program where you have access to discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, concerts, hotels, spas, restaurants, shopping and much more.
Founded in 1979, OKAMOTO Structural Engineering (OSE) is a structural engineering firm based in Costa Mesa that specializes in retail, commercial, industrial, residential and government buildings with all types of structures (wood, masonry, steel, concrete). Today, OSE is seeking to grow through hiring additional professional CAD professionals and engineers, diversifying our product offering, capitalizing on synergies with our sister company (JMC2 Civil Engineering + Surveying) and launching new business development initiatives. The Company has adopted scalable administrative solutions for its operations (e.g., integrated ERP/CRM solutions, new computer and phone systems, overhauled pipeline reporting, etc.).
OSE is seeking a qualified experienced individual with strong technical, operational and team leadership skills. Must be able to manage the work of our CAD production team with 3+ draftspersons.
The CAD Manager position is a critical position at OSE. An employee at this level usually has many years’ experience and special training. They shall perform the complex computer aided drafting (AUTOCAD and Revit) work for structural engineering projects under with no supervision for all aspects of our work portfolio. This employee trains their CAD team using established methodologies while always testing those methods in search of the best way to proceed. The CAD Production Director keep projects on schedule, prioritizes the CAD team’s focus, and reports directly to the Vice President of Structural Engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Keep projects on schedule and the staff priorities focused on due dates. Attends weekly meetings with principals to provide updates on project status.
- Performs the computer aided design and drafting (CADD) for the company’s entire portfolio.
- Performs effective client coordination on a timely manner, scheduling, monitoring and ensuring that projects are completed on time. Organizes and standardizes client files and drawings.
- Prepares accurate and quality work products. Ensures that plans, sketches, etc. are in compliance with all relevant building codes and project standards
- File organization and security: Responsible to all keep project files organized, accessible, and backed up.
- Takes ownership of the CAD Department’s performance and work products. Oversees staff and their compliance with quality control standards in advance of plans and sketches going out to our clients.
- Aids the CAD team and the engineers in their work and staying on track throughout the project. Work oriented towards results.
- Takes ownership of assignment/project results with minimal assistance from engineering staff. KOA’s work products are being processed and approved with minimal delays or plan check corrections. Can handle heavy workloads under tight deadlines.
- Keep work flowing and the CAD team constantly busy. Stays organized and on top of the workload always making sure that the entire production staff (CAD, engineers, etc.) keep working on billable projects.
- Maintains office software and hardware. Develops and maintains standard details library.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Experience: 8+ years
- Computer Skills: AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit, graphic software
- Certifications: CA driver’s license
- Communication: Strong written and speaking skills